top of page
Air Source Heat Pumps
How do air source heat pumps work?
Air source heat pumps are a tried and tested technology for heating your home. No matter what the age, construction or fabric of the building, when designed correctly; air source will provide all the heating and hot water needs for any property.
Air source is the most common type of heat pump. The external unit is positioned near by or on an exterior wall of your home. Using an ultra-quiet fan the system propels air through the unit extracting the heat from the air to provide all your hot water and heating needs. The technology replaces a conventional fossil fuel boiler and the design of the systems mean you will not notice that you no longer have a conventional boiler.
The technology is similar to a fridge with a compressor, evaporator and pump. The heat from the air is transferred in to a refrigerant gas, this gas is then compressed to create 3-4 times more heat. This process is then repeated in a cycle. The heat is transferred in to a hot water cylinder for showers, taps and baths and smaller buffer tank for radiators, underfloor heating or under counter plinth heaters.
Why should I install an air source heat pump?
• Stop Using Fossil Fuels - By installing an air source heat pump and using a 100% renewable electricity supplier, you can heat your home using 100% renewable energy.
• Save On Your Bills - Air source heat pumps are 400% efficient! Meaning for every 1KW of electricity you put in, you get 4KW of heat energy!
• A Warmer Home - Air source heat pumps use a wet based heating system, meaning you can have radiators and underfloor heating installed in your home!
• Suitable For All Properties - When designed correctly, every home can benefit from the advantages of heat pump technology.
• Find Funded Grants - You can receive various government grants to pay for your installation. Grants include; Green Homes Grant, Renewable Heat Incentive and ECO 4. Our team will help you access the best grant for your home.
For more information, read our heat pump guide below...
Our recommended manufacturers...
Click the button below to see our previous projects!
Get a Quote
Dartmoor Energy work with the highest quality local solar PV installers. Our team cover the whole of the Devon and Cornwall area - including; Plymouth, Torquay, Exeter, Callington, Calstock, Tavistock, Liskeard and Saltash. We offer a full 3 stage 'no pressure' sales process for your new Air Source Heat Pump...
Our expert surveyors will explain how the system works, survey your property and design the heating system to perfectly match your property's requirements.
The Dartmoor Energy team have been in the renewable energy industry for over 30 years, collectively, so we understand that no two jobs are the same. We will use our extensive knowledge and experience, to ensure that your new heating system is efficient and future proof!
We are with you every step of the way...
○ STEP 1
Free initial consultation
○ STEP 2
Free* extensive heat loss survey and system design
* subject to size and complexity of the property.
○ STEP 3
You receive your extensive presentation pack including all the information you need to decide on your new Air source heat pump.
bottom of page